Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-12-2004, 12:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Sick domino

I have had my tank for nearly 1 1/2 years, had the stripped damsel and the domino for over a year. also have two hermit crabs.. Everyone has been fine up until now! I have tested my water twice in the past twelve hours everything is fine.. ammonia is 0, PH is 8.2, Nitrate is 0, nitrate is 10, salinity is 1.022 and the temp is 78 degrees. My domino appears to be somewhat "faded" in color, not the black he usually is, he has kinda pop-eyes ( i did read about this disease). he is lethargic, and often this morning he has been on the bottom of the tank, breathing is labored. Twice now I thought he was dead, but when I went to get the net, he had moved. ..but when he swims.. he is disoriented..swims straight up, then kinda on his side.. looks more like he is wandering.. he has been fine. I dont notice any ich on him or anything else like that, the other fish is fine and the crabs are ok too.. dont know what the heck is going on.. help please...

Old 04-12-2004, 10:54 PM   #2
steve-s

Wow, long time member and first post 8O Welcome non-the-less

It could be an internal bacterial infection or possibley a bladder problem. How does the stomach area look and what do you feed the fish primarily? Any aggression between the two fish?

Cheers
Steve
Old 04-13-2004, 08:56 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

He died............

I feed the fish TetraMin flakes...
Old 04-13-2004, 10:46 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Sorry, for your loss
I would keep a close eye on the other and be ready to act if anything comes about.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:13 AM   #5
steve-s

Sorry for the loss

Cheers
Steve
Old 04-27-2004, 11:47 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Longhorn, did you ever figure out what happened to your fish????? This is what all of mine are doing but it is only the new fish I buy....the old ones are fine.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:36 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I never figured out what happened. THe other damsel, a convict, is fine... never a sign of anything. Two weeks ago I added three more damsels.. everyone is just fine. I am at a total loss on this one.. sorry.. hope you are having better luck.
Old 05-29-2004, 07:45 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

Very strange loss - so sorry ! Better luck with the rest.

I think we need to keep in mind that there are many afflictions that we know nothing about and cannot treat or prevent. All we can do is our best. Most of us are not Marine Biologists and even those qualified few are frequently stumped !

Brendan.

10 Danios (mixed Zebra and Gold)
BrendanH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ick, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com