Sick Feather Duster?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TEC5154

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have recently noticed some odd behavior with my feather duster. It hadn't come out for about a week and then it only came out half way. I moved the rock around because I thought maybe it was being smashed. However, it wasn't. It had connected itself to the rock so I couldn't even move it. Also the stem had lost its color and is now kind of transparent. I think I am adding all the necessary chemicals, so I can't think of anything else to do. Any suggestions?

3 drops every once a week of Iodine, and 5 drops every 3rd day of calcium. I am also putting in (oh God I forget the exact name of it) some green stuff that you have to refridgerate. This is only a 6 gal nano cube. I can't figure out what is going on. I am following everything I am supposed to. The local fish store I go to, I trust, and they seem very knowledgable. Can you think of anything else?

What kind of iodine solution are you putting in? Is it Lugols? If it is, be very careful. That is a lot to be dosing in such a small tank. Be careful dosing anything that you don't specifically test for-- many on this site will recommend that you don't do it at all. Dusters under stress will often discard their "feathers". Don't give up on him, they usually grow them back. If you're only seeing them partially coming out, that may be what is happening. Just give it a little more time.

I am using Kent Marine Concentrate Iodine. It says 8 drops per day per 50 gal. I am only putting in 3 drops per week. Maybe I will discontinue this. Is it normal for the stem to be transparent though? That is what I was most concerned about. I also made sure that the rock wasn't crushing it but its not. Any other suggestions. Thanks to everyone!

First off you need to test for the stuff you are adding.What are your params at?Thats where i would start from first.gl

Back
Top Bottom