Sick Fish!! 2 dead in 2 days!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grapeponey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My yellow mimic tang and my naso tang both died. They had this tye-dye type brown stains that was on them before they died and even worse after they died. What caused this to happen to them?? We tested the water and it all tested ok, but that's two fish in two days. So we did a water change anyway. They looked as if they decomposed or something. I also have a blue hippo tang that seems to be fine, two clown fish, 4 chromis, a flame hawkfish, and a cleaner shrimp. All them seem to be fine. Please help!!

grapeponey said:
My yellow mimic tang and my naso tang both died. They had this tye-dye type brown stains that was on them before they died and even worse after they died. What caused this to happen to them?? We tested the water and it all tested ok, but that's two fish in two days. So we did a water change anyway. They looked as if they decomposed or something. I also have a blue hippo tang that seems to be fine, two clown fish, 4 chromis, a flame hawkfish, and a cleaner shrimp. All them seem to be fine. Please help!!

Just a quick question.. Those fish are both herbivors.. what were you feeding them?? .. if i may ask..

Thanks for responding.

I was feeding them brine and algae. the algae comes in sheets. They were eating both.

thanks.

Re: Thanks for responding.

grapeponey said:
I was feeding them brine and algae. the algae comes in sheets. They were eating both.

thanks.

UGh.. nothing wrong with that.. Sorry for your loss.. those are both super fish.

Back
Top Bottom