sick fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abe28

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have two ocellaris clownfish, a blue damsel, and a diamond watchman goby. They are all breathing rapidly and all of the sudden not eating. My ammonia is 0, nitrite is 0, ph is 8.2, nitrates 10ppm. This is a fish only tank with live rock.I also have a hob filter and powerhead aimed towards the surface, so I don't think it's an oxygen thing. What could it be?

Also there are three red crabs in there and i have seen them for a while, could this be the issue?

Last edited:
It sounds like high ammo or nitrites to me if they are all gasping for air. What kind of tests are you using?

I'm using the api saltwater test kit and it's only about a month old. I tried putting some of seachems prime in, but i haven't seen a difference.

The blue damsel has been in there for 2 months and the two clowns a little over a month. I let the bag float for 20-25 min then gradually poured some of the tank water in and left it float some more then I put them in. The goby i got a week ago and acclimated it the same way

Back
Top Bottom