Sick fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquinn425

Aquarium Advice Activist
We brought in a new blenny about 2 weeks ago. About a week after that he just disappeared, so I assumed he died. Physical appearance before that was normal, activity was good, eating well. Now, within this week, I have lost one of my clowns and my Filamented wrasse. This morning my Pygmy angel is swimming upside down and sideways. My other clown and firefish are still swimming around but not like usual. No fish have had any obvious signs disease except the angel that seems to now have developed some ich. We do have the usual CUC of snails and hermits. Also had 2 peppermint shrimp, but found one dead this morning.
PH 8.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 4.0
SG 1.023
55ga FOWLR
These were lastnights readings. Did a water change as soon as I saw the nitrates!! Is it worth setting up a QT? Please help!!!

Nitrates at 4 isn't gonna kill fish. Nitrates at 40 won't kill fish either. I'm betting something came in on the blenny

You will need to setup a quarantine and treat with copper or hypo. The ich articles melosu attached have good information

I have used ich attack before and it worked however there is a drawback. It's like mud and will make your water look like itS muddy. I also found it stained the rock. It did work however and all my coral and inverts survived.

Back
Top Bottom