Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-17-2005, 11:27 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to AR15 guy
Whats wierd is the fact that my water tests pretty good. .25 ammonia and everything else is perfect. I added 20lbs of live sand today. I hadn't planned on that but a local store gave it to me for 15$ to get it off the shelf cause noone buys it.

I am going to get a piece of shrimp and put it in there. I don't think it should take to long to fully cycle with the rock and sand.

38 gal SW, CC, 40lbs base rock, 5lbs live, emporer 280, bio-wheel 330,tronic heater, 2 O. clowns, 1 firefish.

29 gal FW, boring...soon to be salt I think.

10 gal SW, 20lbs LS, 20lbs base rock, 1 unhappy domino damsel (he was in the 38...switched the percs and the damesel recently).
AR15 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 02:43 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to Jonathan G.
if it is arag-alive dont count on it cycling out your tank, basically cuase all they do is take their aragonite and add water from an established tank and the shelf life is not very long on it. plus you might want to try bringing your SG up to around 1.024 i use to keep mine at 1.023 untill i read up on my info.

Jonathan G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 11:38 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
midiman wrote:
This may sould like a dumb question, but are any of you spraying Windex on your tank to clean it?

Okay now on to the serious issue here.

It sounds like they died because you tank has not fully cycled yet. I would give it some time to cycle before adding anymore fish. You said in the second post that the tank has not fully cycled and that the tank has only been up a week. I really think you might want to wait to add more fish until you have cycled it at least three full weeks.
I don't know who you are referring to. MY tank is fully cycled, and was at the time I added fish. I had a small (less than .25) ammonia after adding a piece of LR. The question about the windex was because I read (over on RC) that there is a fish dealer/expert who maintains that windex contains something that killed fish. I personally doubt this, but can never summarily dismiss anything by simply laughing it off. Hence the question, designed to elicit serious responses.

That, however, doesn't always work.

30 gal standard 55 lbs LR, 60 lb live sand, 10 gal sump/refugium. Urchin skimmer, mag7 pump, 3 x 96W PC combination 10,000K/actinic bulb, 2 blue LED moonlights
SG 1.024, temp 79.5, pH 8.4

Livestock I added:

1 skunk cleaner. 12 hermits: red, scarlet, blue. 15 or so assorted snails. Discosomas, Ricordia, Rhodactis mushroom corals, chaetomorpha (sump), 1 feather duster, Montipora digitata, Montipora capricornis, Montipora hispids. assorted zoos, Xenia, Kenya tree coral, green Sinularia, green star polyps, branching hammer coral, bubble coral, Devil's hand leather. Yellow chromis, purple firefish.

Hitchhikers: the usual suspects :crabs, bristles, urchin, mantis shrimp (now in exile in mantis tank)

List of possible/likely newcomers:

Feather duster. PJ cardinal, Bangghai cardinal, Firefish goby, Clownfish, Neon goby, Yellow watchman goby, Orchid dottyback. Various corals.
midiman is offline   Reply With Quote

ick, sick, sick fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com