Sick Fish Hiding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cejaye

Aquarium Advice Newbie
55g Reef Tank.

Picked up 2 small blue damsels last Saturday. They were swimming and eating and color was good until yesterday morning. 1 stayed hidden in the reef and didn't come out to eat. I got a call at work later that day that he'd appeared but was floating on his back near the bottom. The 2nd blue was prodding him and apparently he revived and both swam around slowly for a while but he dissappeared into the reef again right after that and hasn't appeared since.

Tested the water. It's ok. PH is a bit low. 8.0

What do I do about the hidden sick fish? It may be dead.

2 Blue Damsels
2 Cleaner Shrimp
19 Snails (Mexican Turbo, Ceriths, Turbo)
3 Blue Hermits (1 adult, 2 babies)
1 Red Hermit (young)

I imagine you`ve already cycled the tank? It could be from various reasons. Didnt acclimate well, injury (were they chasing each other?), Parasites are a few of the reasons.

Yes. Tank completed cycling about 3 weeks prior. Corals and other livestock are doing well except 1 Mexican turbo that died.

The 2 damsels swam together a lot. Didn't chase ever.

If he dies in the reef is it ok? I have a suspicion which small section of the tank he's in because the other damsel checks out a certain area fairly often but I can't see anything.

ok the Blue's not been seen for a week. Any chance it's still alive?

Back
Top Bottom