sick fish in QT- now what

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RTV

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok- after much ado and removal of half my lr- I was able to capture my 2 ocellarus clowns- one has 4 puffy white spots on him that I assume are a parasite of some sort....the other may be developing the same-I have them in a 10gal qt. I had some polyfilter in the main tank for a week that I transferred to the hob filter in the qt-all levels are good although amonia is @ .3mg/L-I'll keep an eye on that. The SG is @ 1.015 (I love my new refractometer by the way!) I got them in the qt last night - this morning, they seemed very sluggish- not happy at all-but now, seem to be moving around a bit more and both ate a nice breakfast.

So, now what? Just wait and hope the spots improve? drop the SG more? Any other suggestions for treatment?

We need to find out what the problem is before we lower the salinity. White puffy spots might not be parasites. It could be a bacterial or viral problem. Unfortunately I`m not an expert on those type of problems. If it`s a parasite it will look like grains of salt. Maybe the advisors will know

none of those match what my guy has- large puffy white spots- looks like tiny piece of popcorn (i may be reaching on that but its the only way i can describe it) two on his left side just behind his white stripe and one on his right side again behind his white stripe but lower towards his belly-there is another...smaller towards his back fin- he really seems fine other than these spots- he eats and swims around like normal. I've had them for 3 weeks- the spot showed up the day after i got him-small like a grain of salt- and has gotten bigger and bigger- but remains only the 4 spots-my 2nd fish is now showing sings of one of these spots on the right side. I'll try to get a pic and post for you to see

Back
Top Bottom