Sick flower pot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boolay1978

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got this about 3 weeks ago, been doing really then last few days not come out and seems to be. Dying at the back. Moved it round the tank and all my levels are good....

image-2028884097.jpg

Flowerpots are notorious for dying for no reason (atleast as far as anyone can tell). They are one of the hardest corals to keep long term on the market imo.

A guy at my LFS said that with those each polyp had to be fed. He didn't recommend anyone getting them unless you were fully dedicated. I steered clear. Good luck though!

Mysis shrimp will do fine. Nothing huge though preferabbly minced up.

I have brine shrimp, daphnia, krill. Will any of that do?

Boolay1978 said:
I have brine shrimp, daphnia, krill. Will any of that do?

Brine is very low in nutrients so I usually opt for mysis between the two and krill is usually pretty large. I've never dealt with daphnia so can't give you any advice from experience there.

Zoas, palys, acans, brains, and chalices if you've got enough light

I haven't had any problems with mine whatsoever.. I haven't heard that they're notorious for dying. That's interesting though..

It doesn't look bad to me, it looks just like mine in the morning.. What's your flow and light like?

ForumRunner_20121105_140852.jpg

ForumRunner_20121105_140533.jpg

00youknowit00 said:
I haven't had any problems with mine whatsoever.. I haven't heard that they're notorious for dying. That's interesting though..

It doesn't look bad to me, it looks just like mine in the morning.. What's your flow and light like?

Light is good, just moved him back onto the base and fed with bottle over seems a little happier, good flow at the bottom

Boolay1978 said:
Light is good, just moved him back onto the base and fed with bottle over seems a little happier, good flow at the bottom

Sounds good, ive only had mine for 2 months but so far its done great, and very healthy. We will see how it lasts though. I do spot feed with coal frenzy.

This is it every morning.
ForumRunner_20121105_153553.jpg

00youknowit00 said:
Sounds good, ive only had mine for 2 months but so far its done great, and very healthy. We will see how it lasts though. I do spot feed with coal frenzy.

This is it every morning.

Where do you position yours?

Back
Top Bottom