Sick Green BTA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How is your water parameters? How old is the tank? These are both small tanks to be keeping anemones (BTAs grow quite large) do both of you have a log of your test results? Keeping parameters stable in small tanks is difficult (have a 10g) even slight fluctuations in temp and salinity can be harmful for anemones. Also what lighting do you have?

How is your water parameters? How old is the tank? These are both small tanks to be keeping anemones (BTAs grow quite large) do both of you have a log of your test results? Keeping parameters stable in small tanks is difficult (have a 10g) even slight fluctuations in temp and salinity can be harmful for anemones. Also what lighting do you have?

+1 we need more information before we can even start helping you.

Ammonia / nitrite / nitrate
Phosphate
Magnesium
Calcium
Alkalinity
Light fixture
Flow
Acclimation

With all of that information we might be able to give you an answer.

I personally have a kessil a360 and do regular water test and everything is perfect

Perfect doesn't exist. The actual numbers are what we need so we can best help you. A kessil should be more than enough to keep your anemone happy, so this shouldn't be an issue at all. But, it is very obvious on how unhappy your anemone is. Was it acclimated to the tank? To both the water parameters and lighting? How long has it been in your tank since the 'switch'? Try turning off the powerheads to give it a chance to get its footing to start things off, since it is being blown around the tank.

Aquarium Home parameters are;
Temperature: 78
Salinity: 1.025
Ammonia, NH4: 0
Nitrate, NO3: 0.4, NO2: 0
pH: 7.92
Alkalinity, KH: 8.4
Calcium, Ca: 440
Phosphate, PO4: 0.04
Magnesium, Mg: 1,360
As of today this is all i test and i also dose purple up and Zeovit 4 step system. I have cami pur elit, and i have 2 reactor one for carbon and one for GFO as well as biopellets

May I ask why you are dosing? That might be what is stressing your anemone out. There is no need to dose anything in a typical setup as it takes a heavily SPS dominated tank to require supplementing areas like calc/alk. Just do water changes.

I don't think you need to be using zeo+biopellets+gfo+carbon. That is a bunch of carbon sources and there may not be enough nutrients in the water for your nem. Are your corals colors pale?

Well, products like purpleup don't do anything. Just alk/calcium in a bottle...if you want coraline algae to grow, keep parameters where they need to be and maybe introduce some into your tank and brush it gently with a toothbrush.
In terms of the biopellents and all that...yeah you are doubling up on things pretty heavy and that might have something to do with it. I would pick one or the other.

First off, turn off the vortech so your anemone can get its footing. Then check back in with us.
The side note is that there is alot of unneeded things that will cause issues down the road there, like the auto feeder. But that is another topic.

Back
Top Bottom