sick green bubble and frog spawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caige

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 34gal reef... been up about 1 1/2 yrs now. These two items have been in it about 1yr. They were fine yeturday and today they seem to have some "green tips" to both of them..... the clown fish seems fine. I haven't done a water change in about 2weeks (was planning on doing one tomorrow) but as of 2 weeks ago the parameters were as follows:

• Temp 78-82
  • PH 8.4
  • Ammonia 0
  • Nitrite 0
  • Nitrate 5
  • KH 196.9
  • Salanity 33
  • Calcium 340ppm

Attachments

• DSC03357.jpg
    DSC03357.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC03358.jpg
    DSC03358.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC03359.jpg
    DSC03359.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 68
yeah it's hard to see but a 2--3 tips on each ones tentacles have brown spots on them. I just checked all parameters and they match what I said above.. .except that calcium is actually at 400.

Only thing I can think of is the MH light... they have always been in the same spot but the bulb is now going on about a yr old so I guess it's time to change.......it's probabl a long shot that that is what's causing the prob though.

something is up though... they never had those spots before.... guess I'll check them out more in the A.M.

Thanks

actually in the pic above of the frog spawn... the section on the left and the side facing towards us -- you can see the whole side basically has "brown tips"

Back
Top Bottom