Sick green bubble coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

birman

Aquarium Advice Regular
my green bubble has been doing well in my tank for a week and half of it starts to shrink up. the other half is still opening and i can see the half that is closed seems to be losing colour. my water parameter is ok and all the rest of my bubbles and other corals are doing great. it could be probably because of stress but i do not know what stress it's going through. no browning or RTN observed. i've also dipped it in coral disinfectant by seachem.
can anyone help?

Make sure it is not in to much current.Bubbles do not like high current. What kind of lihts is it under?

it's under T5 lighting in the upper part of my tank. no direct strong current. anyway, i'm using scwd so there's no constant current flowing through there. furthermore, i've 2 other green bubbles near it doing fine.

Could be irritation from an outside source. Look for crabs or such anywhere near the bubble, also if it expaned well before, it could have injured itself on a jagged piece of rock as it was deflating after the lights went out.

there doesn't seem to be any irritation around it. i can see slight inflation from the sick half but still shrunk in general. how long will it take to recover if it was an injury?

birman said:
it's under T5 lighting in the upper part of my tank.
Move it down some. Might be from too much lighting. Bubbles as a rule will do better with less intensity and under overly intense conditions will retreat.

Cheers
Steve

Might be from too much lighting. Bubbles as a rule will do better with less intensity and under overly intense conditions will retreat.

lol my bubble seems alright under my lighting lol 2x250w MH lol

although it has taken some time for it to get used to it as it has just started to get used to it..

james

cj10488 said:
although it has taken some time for it to get used to it as it has just started to get used to it..
Which was pretty much my point. :wink: They are not accustom to overly intense light.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom