Sick hairy mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

likeaboss2645

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417802961.013530.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417802984.320813.jpg

They have looked like this for about 4days now and I don't know what to do!! Help me!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Params? Judging by the cyano/algae in the pics I'm guessing nutrient issue

I took a sample into my lfs and they said that water wasn't perfect but shouldn't be the problem

And all my other corals (other mushrooms, birds nest, Kenyan trees, 3 dif types of zoa, leather, and even my acan brain looks good)

Can't really help with out numbers. If you don't have a quality tests (not API) for nitrate,phosphate, calcium, alkalinity, those should be your next purchase before getting any other coral.

And just speculating here, but if you got a "not perfect" from the lfs I'd imagine you've got something pretty out of whack. Algae/cyano need something to feed on ...

Ok thanks I will get a test kit as soon as possible

Though I'd want to address what was already mentioned, the one being fully open right beside the others would make me question the flow in that area. If it was parameters all would be effected. Could also be lighting if that guy is more or less shaded.

But even the one that's open looks to be browning out to me, that's another reason I was leaning towards excess nutrients. And I've seen half dead corals with PE, so that's not always the best representative of health IMO

Edit: reading that and it seems kind of confrontational and I didn't mean it to be

Well they had been doing great for months and then I moved then lower in the aquarium and they seemed to be doing fine for about a week........could tht still be it?

If you moved it and it started doing poorly, put it back! See what happens.
In terms of the parameters, get your LFS to tell you exactly what is going on so you can address it before it gets out of hand. 9 chances out of 10 is that large water changes will solve the issue along with cutting back on feeding. I feed my reef tank half a cube of mysis or whatever every 3 days.

Ya I decided to do that earlier and see what happens thx and I will

Back
Top Bottom