sick Harlequin Tuskfish Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've taken the plunge finally!! He is now in his new QT tank with 100% water from his tank. I avoided netting him by gently coaxing him into a large glass container and gently lowering him into the QT tank. I only want to add meds if necessary so I am adding Epsom salts at a concentration of 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons. After 2 or 3 days if I don’t notice any improvement I’m going to start medicating with spectrogram and melafix.
I will post how he is doing in a couple of days in case anyone is interested.
Thank you SOO much to everyone who responded to try to help me cure my baby!

we're all interested vbrady!

we wish you and your fishy the best!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and yer fish.

UPDATE - the Tuskfish went into quarantine on Tuesday and he is becoming more alert after two treatments of maracyn and he is eating again!! The eye still doesn’t look good but it appears he is shedding the outer part and either it is healing or he will just lose the eye. He is not all better yet but he is looking better every day so I’m happy :)

FINAL UPDATE - The tuskfish is now back in his tank and eating like crazy! He wants food all the time! He is doing great! He is active and explores the tank and is adjusting well to being blind in his left eye. I'm so happy he made it through this, thanks so much to everyone who replied!

Where is your Harlequin Tusk from? They usually come from the Phillipines or Australia. Australia is much more pricey, however, the Phillipines use tranqualizing methods to catch their fish and the fish are not as colorful and don't tend to survive very well. Australian fish are much hardier because they catch the fish by hand or net (less stressful on the fish) and they are much more colorful,IMO.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom