Sick Heniochus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennsand18

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Aquarium Parameters: Ph 8.2, Nitrate 10, Nitrite 0, Amonia 0, SP 1.020

I realize our nitrates are slightly high, we've been doing more frequent water changes to correct that. However, 2 or our Heniochus are ill. Acting much less active, and they both seem to have an almost spider web looking cover on them. One of them seems to be having buoyancy problems but he is doing his best to stay on the bottom of the tank. Usually these guys are all over the tank. I started Melafix today, not sure what else to do. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks for the Help!

Thanks for all the help from everyone on this forum. It has proved to be so resourceful!! I got all of ZERO replies to my post. One of my heniochus is dead and the other is now circling the drain. So again, thanks for all of the suggestions as to how to remedy my problem. I'll make sure to recommend this site to all of my friends in the hobby!!!

First of all 99% of the people on here are very helpful. Did you ever stop to think that maybe noone knew what the problem was so they weren't able to answer you. Believe me if anyone knew, you would have had 50 answers. I even just tried to look it up for you and I couldn't find any reference to it.

Sorry about the fish, but Wow...kinda harsh and sarcastic. I agree with tonedogz...if someone knew how to help, they would have made suggestions. That description did not ring a bell for me, so instead of guess, I did not comment.

This is a great resource, but blaming everyone here for your fish dying seems odd to me. How about asking a LFS or two for advice, Research online, etc? Sounds like an external fungus, but even with meds, it might have been too far gone.

Also...just noticed that there was an old post from 11/4/12 where you were losing fish (anthias, tang, trigger) and there were nitrite and amonia problems. Almost sounds like that never was taken care of? Never saw info on tank size, how established the tank was, etc.

I do t even know what kinda fish that is... Sorry for the loss if I knew I would have done my best to help. :(

Back
Top Bottom