sick/injured sandsifter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

0o.Kelsey.o0

Aquarium Advice Addict
I noticed today that my diamond sandsifting goby has red marks on both sides of his head under his eyes. My thoughts are that he might have gotten pinched between something? He is still eating and just as active as ever. He has also been in my tank for almost two years so he is not new and there have been no new additions. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some kind of disease i had not heard of yet. Thanks!
img_1210523_0_842928d720827df1f33e0f3a4e839e02.jpg

img_1210523_1_d4cce151ba8a45048add145e7f114128.jpg

img_1210523_2_e89d35614237bdd842b26d5c75fb1fab.jpg

Well i checked on him again tonight when i got home...as far as i can tell the redness is almost completely gone. The lights were out already though so it was hard to tell with him sleeping in his hole.

well he ended up dieing :( Got really skinny suddenly (but oddly was still eating) then lost his activeness and died shortly after. He will be missed
IMG_0980copy.jpg
RIP

Sorry for your loss. I have no idea what happened but it is weird that he was eating and still got skinny and died. I bought the same kind of goby a could of months ago, and I had him for about two weeks. I have a techtank, and it isn't made to have a lid, and he jumped out of my tank and died in my carpet. I don't know how long he was there, because I was at work, and I'm surprised my kitty didn't get him.

Thanks guys he really was the life of the party. Sorry for the jumping loss it's such a shame when that happens..worst thing to come home to.

Back
Top Bottom