Sick Koran Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stan450z

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got a Juvenile Koran Angel added to my tank about 10 days ago. Was eating well at first but towards the end of last week I noticed it was absent - hiding in rocks. Starting today and yesterday it's not hiding anymore but last few days I have noticed it is very white. Yesterday I saw it upside down, motionless behind a rock on the side of my tank and I thought it was a goner. Today it's swimming freely in the open but still whitish with its back end very frayed. Doesn't seem like it has much of an appetite. What can I do to help it? I keep a seaweed clip near its corner. Did a dose of prime and its since seem to have a little bravery to come out.

Only thing I suspect is larger aggressive tank mates as I noticed my Kole Tang is quite a bully. Was extremely ferocious to it When i introduced the Koran angel chasing it a lot but that activity ceased after the first day or so. How can I help this guy recover? It seems like it has survived rock bottom when it was upside down and motionless yesterday and now is gained some strength.

first thing is to QT it immediately . before it effects the other fish
what are the water parameters of the tank how old is the tank ect
pict can help us determine what it has so it can be treated

75g parameters all 0. Tank is 8 years old. I will see if I can get a QT from my LFS and take a picture when I get home. I don't currently own one any recommendations on size? Are the kinds where you can put it inside the main tank recommended rather than a completely separate tank?

no that is to small and you never want to medicate in the main tank the qt I use is a 20L gives a little room to swim , what you have pictured is to small and has holes making it useless to medicate and treat the fish , from what I been reading the symptoms your referring to sounds like marine velvet . and would need to be treated with a copper base medication .

Unfortunately by the time I got back home yesterday it was gone. Still missing. I assume it had retreated somewhere in my live rock to pass away and was a nice meal for my crabs. I think he just was too small and bullied by the rest. Doing a large PWC tonight.

Back
Top Bottom