Sick Koran Angel - Pics - Need diagnosis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RLG2182

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everyone!

So I'm trying to get over an earlier issue that I had with using the wrong kind of silicone (GE II) and not letting it cure long enough.

One fish that survived doesn't look too good: a Koran Angel. Looks like blotchy skin with discoloration. He remains active, is eating normally, and doesn't "seem" to be suffering at all. Any ideas?

Am-0
Nit-0
Nitra-5-10
PH-8.3
Temp-80
Sal-1.022
TDS-6ppm (replacing filters when gets to 10ppm)

I am doing PWC each week. I also installed a new UV sterilizer this week as well to plan for future needs.

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

This stuff is a killer if not cured long enough. i rushed a new sump design and put it in b4 a week long trip. came back to death. all my corals were dead and 2-3 fish died. The Ethanol and ammonia released wiped my tank. Keep doing some more pwcs incase you still have some of that in your tank. mabey set up a QT and treat it with some sort of meds?

The colour problem is most likely a side effect of stress from whatever leaked from the uncured silocone. Provided he's eating and swimming if you keep up the PWCs he should pull through. :)

That actually looks like a bad case of marine velvet. It may be just color loss though, hard to tell.

I had one about the same size in a customer's tank that faded out and eventually died, I attribute it to a tiny little six-line wrasse that picked at his fins all the time. Hope yours makes it, I really wanted to see the one in my customer's tank reach adult. But oh well.

Back
Top Bottom