Sick leather and zoanthid corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexTheGreat

Aquarium Advice Regular
So it has been over a week now and I have been trying to bring my leather coral back to good health since the polyps havent been popping up lately but nothing has changed and now my zoanthid corals are looking pretty unhealthy when i came back home

I took a picture of my test results from a red sea foundation and phosphate test kits.
The leather coral looks discolored while the zoa looks shrivled up. Im not sure whats cuasing it please help. 20190213_000024.jpg20190212_235659.jpg20190212_235653.jpg20190212_235949.jpg

I agree with Hank. PWC's are the first order of business. Your leather coral might just be sloughing.

Well, you can see the zoas are opened up and that the leather is shedding the layer of skin. They do this from time to time, especially after transferring to a new system.
If it doesn’t change in the next couple days I’d be more concerned.

So i gave it a couple of days and the zoanthids have opened up but the leather coral dosent seem to be getting any better20190301_115754.jpg20190301_115724.jpg

Still looks like its trying to shed that outer layer. Use your hand to wave some water at it and see what kicks up.
So ive been waving more water over it for some time and have even used my finger to brush off some of the algea but non of the polyps seem to come out ever 20190312_171505.jpg

Try to brush it off with your finger or a toothbrush. Blow it off with a turkey baster. It is still most likely a flow related issue, but pointing a powerhead directly at any coral will be harmful.

Back
Top Bottom