Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

sick maroon clown :0(

Hello I am sorry I might not be in the right place but I'm knew to this and I am really worried about my fish I got a maroon clown fish today ge started looking kinda sick and has like a slimie coat and is not acting normal he looks like very weak I took him out of my tank and put him on new water and some oxygen to try to see whats wrong does anybody out there have a clue of what might it be :0( ?

Old 05-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Whats the parameters of your tank water?

Old 05-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonz
Whats the parameters of your tank water?
Uhmm I'm new what does that mean? I'm sorry I'm bearly getting use to it all my water salt is 1.022 level and I tested the amonia with a amonia tester and is good. My tank is a 100gal and I have a yellow tang, a trigger niger, two regular orange clowns, a dogface puffer, a porcupine puffer, a gobbie sand cleaner and live rock. The sad thing is he died last night :0( he looked weak and seem like he's fins where hurt I'm not sure if the other fishes might of maybe stressed him out or hurt him but is weird cus I've been having all of them in the tank for like 3 months and they interacted well with each other so I'm just sad. Maybe some one can help me what I need to do I am very lost and unsavy this is a hobby we decided to take as a family and we love learning but not like this is sad to see your fish die. HELP!!! :0) THANK YOU!!
Old 05-09-2011, 11:02 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

How long have you had the maroon clown exactly?? It could have been brooklynella or amyloodinium.

How often do you do water changes on your tank?
0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Be'n that you already have a pair of clown fish I advise at not get'n a third. Because the two that are pair'd up will team up and pick on the other one til it dies of a beat'n or stress. about the other fish and how they get along but I know tangs are a tough fish to keep. real finiky. I know you said you have live rock but you should have about 1.5 to 2 lbs of live rock per gallon. Now I know you said you have 100 gal tank so it'll take quite a bit of rock but thats somet'n you can slowly chip away at. And as for what was wrong with the fish I'm not sure and sorry that it happened but in the long run I think someth'n bad would have went down with him and the other clowns.

Here are a few links to read that might help you out a bit. One lets you know which fish get along best with each other and the other kinda gives you a breakdown of things you should have for you're set up. Good luck.
Saltwater Fish Compatibility Guide
Stock list and tips for maintaining your SW tank.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thank you so much mike that's some good advice plus love the site recomended I actually am learning allot there especially the defenition of all these words I see that I don't understand lol but yeah I did not know that clowns ouldnt be in odd numbers that's so good to know specially cause my goal after I get the hang of this salt water stuff I would love to breed clowns that's my goal! So thanks for the heads up! Cause I seriously need all the help I can get :0)
Old 05-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

We all needed help once before and still do from me to time, that's why we are all here. All the answers you need are just a question away on this site and some pretty good advice too. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask if you need any help.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #8
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Coral Reef or Velvet Disease, Amyloodiniumiasis, A Virulent Dinoflagellate Disease of Saltwater Fishes

BrooklynellosisArt

Look like any of these?

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clown, ick, maroon clown, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com