Sick Mexican Turbo Snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone! So, I got three Mexican Turbo Snails on Sunday, and they have moved very little since the time I got them. Not sure what is going on, as the ones I had in the past were always super active. I haven't had these for a while so I cannot remember, but do they usually take this long to acclimate to a tank.

There has been some movement, some snails more than others, but as a whole, not much.

I also got a Cleaner Shrimp and five Hermits, which are all thriving.

Thanks for any input you may have!

Sounds like turbos. A slow moving grazer.

Thank you for the advice! The last time I had these guys was 2011/2012, and I can recall sometimes when moving wasn't a huge priority. Plus, being so new to the tank, maybe they need a little more time to adjust.

The health of the Cleaner Shrimp thriving has been very reassuring to me, as I figure if there was a problem, he would be one of the first to show it. (I think they tend be more sensitive than snails).

I'll keep an eye on them!

Gosh, these snails are very funky! Minimal movement still going on. I notice some algae gone, so that is good, but I don't notice them with their mouths out super often. I was watching an old video of my old Turbos today and saw them moving more than these guys.

Do you think they could've been hurt from the employee removing them from the glass at the store? Or, when I first placed them in the tank, they were all clumped together and they fell off the rock I placed them on.....

The Hermit Crabs/ Cleaner Shrimp, and fish are still doing well.

Maybe this will pass with time? :) Or maybe they are just finding lots of food in their respective spots in the tank causing them not to move much.... :)

I never had luck with turbo's to live more than a week , they just don't seem hardy enough to be in captivity

Back
Top Bottom