Sick Monti Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissajk

Aquarium Advice Freak
My monti is looking a little brown. I was wondering if this is a sign of dieing? I just changed led lights 4 days ago. The monti was already getting a little brown before I upgraded my led's.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I forgot to post the picture. Lol8. This morning I moved it down lower in the tank. Thanks

Attachments

• 1404398293262.jpg
    1404398293262.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 115
Browning out is usually caused by either not enough light, or excess nutrients. Weren't you using the orbit marine unit? And what are your params and maintenance schedule/routine?

Yes i was using the orbit marine led. I upgraded to a kessil 350w. My parameters are
Alk 9.5
Mag 1580
Cal 490
The only thing that I dose is alkinity, it seems to drop. I was wondering if the mag is to high?
Nitrate are .10
Phosphate is .10 as well I have a phosphate reactor and need to change the media.

Well phosphates are a little high for sps, but I'm gonna guess it was the light not being strong enough. A problem you definitely no longer have with that kessil, but be sure you SLOWLY acclimate your corals to it because it's way better than the orbit. The 350s are dimmable right? If so I wouldn't increase it more than 5% a week until you get to where you want it.

I have the lights about 40% now. I think I raised them up to fast. I'll turn them down a bit. My rose bta is still reaching to the light. I was worried about the bta. So I turned up the light.

Back
Top Bottom