Sick montipora cap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toffee

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it ok?can it be recovered?
Where should I place it?strong lighting or high flow?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Parameters just tested today
Am, no, na all 0
Phos .05
Cal 400
Dkh 11
Ph 8.2
Sal 0.0255

75g, kessil led, currently I had it middle of the tank. I am using 2 jabeo 25p wave maker.

Forgot pic

Attachments

• 1426966925995.jpg
    1426966925995.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 80
It can recover with stable and pristine parameters. Can you give us some more background on it? How long have you had it? It looks like some sand or something laid on it and it killed off the tissue there.

Yea, I tried to use putty and pressed my thumb on top too hard and pushed off the tissue. I had it for around 3 weeks now

Well, like I said it can recover. I had one that survived a 3 day power outage. It was totally bleached out and I thought it was dead. It took months, but recovered.

Cool thanks. Are there certain requirements like lights, placement, or feeding for fast recovery?

These like most coral we keep are photosynthetic. As a a SPS coral, they require intense lighting to supply them with their needs. You'd be looking for several bulbs of T5HO, MH, or intense LEDs. They are considered 'top of the tank' coral for this reason.

Edit: Of the high intensity SPS, these guys are on the low side of this requirement.

Last edited:
Oh I was afraid of high light placement due to the "bleaching". I will move it higher now

Cool THX

Just an update on my cap, looks to be recovering. What do u guys think?

Attachments

• 1427417762559.jpg
    1427417762559.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom