Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-12-2004, 03:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

sick mushroom

hey you guys im new to the forum and i decided to post because i am a newbie and i think i have some sick mushrooms. i purchased some green mushrooms about 2 weeks ago. the past few days, 1 has expanded its center, and it looks like his intestines are coming out. another 1 has what appears to be 3 centers. can anyone explain this. they arent losing their colors but, i have a feeling they arent doing well. everything else seems to be fine.

Old 08-15-2004, 12:19 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

The one with what looks like its guts coming out is expelling waste. Their mouth is their butt too. Should be done in a day at the most. No worry.

The one with 3 mouths is giving you BANG for the BUCK. It is splitting likely into a 3 for 1 mushroom. In a few days the split should be complete and the the mushrooms will take an additional few days to grow new full mouths. No worry.

You're fine. You will actually have to TRY to kill a mushroom. They're very hardy and GREAT for beginners.

Old 08-17-2004, 01:52 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

thanks for the help jj , that puts my mind at ease. everything seems ok now, i actually have some daisy polyps, that are growing like wildfire.

Tags
ick, mushroom, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com