Sick naso help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefnoob84

Aquarium Advice Freak
O came home after a long day at work to find my naso is hiding with a swollen stomach and fuzzy specs all over him. All my params are 0ppm sg 1.025 temp 79.1
An hour after I got home and noticed the belly I come to find him next to the overflow near the bottom looked almost like he was stuck to it so I took a net and moved the rock. He came swimming out but stopped in front of the glass and hasn't moved in 6 mins. His gills are moving quickly and his pectoral fins are moving. His dorsal fin is erect and he's on his side leaning on a rock. He doesn't have many tank mates. All much smaller than him. He's about 4 inches.

Well right after I posted that he relaxed his dorsal and swam away and went back to his spot in the back of the tank. Still really worried about him

How long ago did you introduce him to your tank? How big is your tank?

Seems odd if he's been in your tank awhile and your params are good.

He's in a 75 for the moment. We r getting a 300 gal in a month. I got him a week ago. When introduced he was eating and grazing on rocks and romaine.

And further more the lfs had him in a 20 gal I know I shouldn't by fish out of sympathy and a 75 isn't much better but it is

And while I'm forgetting stuff I started a treatment to rid my tank of purple hair algae (cyano) with maracyn-two today so I'm hoping that didn't start it. I'm going to get a qt tomorrow

Did he look anything like he does now, when you first got him? If it's a new fish, and your parameters are ok, than if it's sick it's usually due to diet, stress, or prior issues the fish had before even purchasing it.

Bummer man. Sorry to hear that =/

Were you able to find out of the cause was due to the treatment? Or maybe he was sick from the start at your LFS. Either way, best of luck on your QT and your up and coming 300G monster!

Back
Top Bottom