Sick Niger Trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Klanc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all. I'm new to this forum. I have a 90 gallon reef tank that we have had for about a year now. We've had a Niger Trigger for about 6 months now. For the first 4 months he was perfect, but one day I noticed both his eyes popping out of his head. He wouldn't eat either. After a couple weeks I finally got him to eat from a medicine dropper. It is now 2 months later and he has a great appetite, but his eyes look the same. Everything else is doing great. I hand feed him a mixture I made for my corals that has raw scallops, shrimp, muscles, clams and mysis shrimp. I have soaked it in garlic a few times too. Is there anything else I can do for him? He just doesn't seem to be getting better. TIA
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418693796.807942.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well, the fish is laying on the sandbed so it is still far from healthy. Popeye is a disease that effects the eyes, obviously. Poor water quality is a big culprit at play, this stems from overfeeding, overstocking, or simply not doing water changes. You need to address the water quality issues along with treating with medication, as this is a bacterial issue, to begin seeing results in this. Even then, this may not fully fix the issues with the fish's eyes as it does damage to the fish's eyes.

Back
Top Bottom