Sick? / Not Eating Bangaii Cardinal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alishasilva

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,

This is my first post to the boards, although I have been browsing for months. We recently purchased 2 Bangaii Carninals for our tank and have noticed that neither are eating and now one of the 2 has died. Since it is a community tank (1 Blue Tang, 1 Yellow Tang, 1 Flame Angel, 6 Green Chromis, 1 small Clown, a few crabs and snails and a couple of starfish) we feed Formula 2 pellets along with Mysis frozen shrimp from the LFS (thawed in water prior) that has been "laced' with garlic drops. All the PH, Nitrite, Nitrate, Ammonia and temp levels are fine and everyone else seems to be doing great. Any ideas? My understanding is these are usually pretty easy and hearty fish to have in the tank. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million!

Alisha

Did they eat? Also, did the showm any signs of sickness, scratching, spots rf fast gilling? Did you qt them before adding them to the main?

Bangaii Cardinal food

Hi Alisha,

I've bought a Banggaii Cardinal myself about 3 weeks ago & it had the same feeding problem. It wouldn't eat any processed fish pellets. It only eats live frozen bloodworms & live freshwater baby shrimps. U might wanna give it a try...

U said u hv a flame angel, what does it eats? I hv a bi-color angel (yellow/blue) & it wouln'd eat anything for the past 3 weeks since i bought it. It's always pecking on the live rocks looking for food i guess. It's still healthy & swimming though...

Albert

Thanks for the quick replys. I did not qt them as I do not have a separate tank for qt and so far have not had any problems with that. So far, neither of the them have eaten any of the food I've put in (as far as I've seen) unless they were eating off the live rock or the one coral I have in the tank. No signs of sickness, spots (although white spots on a Bangaii may be hard to spot for me, a newbie to the hobby!) or scratching and breathing seems normal.

I might have to try live shrimp or bloodworms, maybe I have a picky little one. I want to solve this ASAP so I can get the one that's still alive a buddy and have him survive too.

Thanks again.

Alisha

Back
Top Bottom