sick of microbubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattmku

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had my Remora AquaC running on my 20 gallon since chrismas day (about 3 weeks). The skimmer has been consistently skimming since about day three but i'm sick of the mass microbubbles the skimmer puts out. The bubbles are accumulating on every surface imaginable, making algae look more prominent than it is and making the water appear much less clear. I've tried to be patient but I'm starting to believe they'll never go away.

Not sure if you're using it.... but if your using ANY product that promotes slime coat for fish that will cause the bubbles...... just FYI......

I have exactly the same problem with our Aqua C Remora! (We are not using any slime coat or anything). Ours has been running since 12/26. We are waiting patiently as well. The skimmer works well and we empty it everyday, but the bubbles are a pain!

DJ

I get that problem if I open up my air valve too far. The directions on mine say half a crank. Try turning it down a bit.

They will go away. It just takes time for the inside of the skimmer to slime up. This can take a few weeks to a few months.

I've noticed improvement over time but it seems over the last week it hasn't gotten any better. Other than that the skimmer is working well.

Is there an optimal product from the skimmer? I have the cup relatively low assuming that it will remove more waste this way. Is it better to raise it and get a dryer product?

I run my cup as well. There is the surface skimmer box that has a sponge in the output side.This helps some. It does take up alot of room though. If you can wait they will go away though.

Back
Top Bottom