sick or injured gramma?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sooju

Aquarium Advice Freak
My poor little gramma looks like someone bit off the side of his head! I've set a homemade bottle trap and since he's the only one that can fit through the hole I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll take the bait. Then what?

How can I tell if this is an injury or an illness? If it's an injury, can he live in the refugium while he's healing? (it's an 8G separate tank with a pump in and a drain out and a ball of chaeto).

I don't have a QT set up so if he's sick I'm not sure what to do???

I've only had him for a few weeks and when I first got him the chromis used to chase him but he would hide in a little cave in the rock. Yesterday when I noticed he didn't look right I also noticed that there was an emerald crab blocking the entrance to his hiding place. :-(

Is he eating? Depending on how you refuge is constructed you could put him in there.

yes, he (she?) is eating. But apparently not hungry enough to brave the strange structure *trap* he now finds in his neighborhood.

My fuge is a separate 8 gallon acryllic box. there's a pump in the sump that moves water into it, and a drilled hole near the top through which the water goes back into the sump. I leave the light on all the time now, but I could cut back if there were an occupant (besides the chaeto).

I leave the light on all the time now, but I could cut back if there were an occupant (besides the chaeto).

You would have to have your refuge lighting oppisite your main lighting. In other words when your main lighting is on your fuge lighting will be off and vice versa.

Well, the good news is that my trap worked! The bad news is that I caught the wrong fish. The conde wrasse somehow wriggled his way into that little opening in the bottle. Rascal.

Anyone have any other ideas??

Back
Top Bottom