Sick or Injured??? Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amanda_

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Recently my false perc clown has been acting wierd...he keeps touching his mouth against the frogspawn coral I have, almost like hes kissing it. Then I noticed he was keeping his mouth open wide for long periods of time. Today his mouth is swollen and open. There aren't any other signs of illness. Could this be a bacterial infection? Lack of minerals or too much (i've been using tap water for water changes instead of bottled for the past month) ? Could it be an injury, like a sting? I have frogspawn, elegance coral, polyps and different anemones, a clam, some shrimp, a cucumber, bubble anemones and i noticed an aiptasia.

Can you get a pic and post your water test results?

I agree let`s see some water test results. As far as the clown touching the frogspawn coral with his mouth this is nothing unusual. They will do this with corals that are hosting them.

salinity .0245, ammonia .1, nitrite 0, nitrate 0, ph 7.9. i wont have pics but i'm going to try to get a video and post it. the clown is still eating and acting relatively normal and looks normal except for the lips.

I think he`s pretty well acting normal. One thing I would say is that ammonia at any level is not good. Maybe running some GAC would help.

Back
Top Bottom