sick orange shoulder tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

army6192plt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my orange shoulder tang in QT for the last 4 weeks and everything has been going well. The fish has shown no signs of illness. I placed the fish into the main tank last night and today it looks like this.....

Can anyone help me id what this is? the tang is now back in QT main tank is still doing well no signs of illness on my O. Clown or my alge blenny

Thanks in advance

Tj

Attachments

• orange_shoulder_449.jpg
    orange_shoulder_449.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 39
I agree a better photo would help alot. The tang to me looks like it's laying on the bottom of the tank. That wouldn't be normal healthy behavior but you posted it is doing well in QT?? Is the area around it's vent and dorsal area pitted or chewed up? It's really hard to see what's going on with it. :?

well i went to the QT tank to take another pic, and the tang had died. The white on him looked like dry peling skin. there was a small seaction just above the mouth. and as well as the spots that you mentioned as well. As I said all remaining fish in the main tank are doing well. I seem tho think that fish was stressed vy the move possiably, but still do not know what the whit on the fish is.

Back
Top Bottom