sick pbt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rob_mango

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok i noticed today that my powder blue tang hand a white blotch on him with swall black spots so i set up a qt tank with water from the main tank and i pulled all the fish out so there is no host in the tank for what evere it is i was just woundering what i should treet the qt tank with to help hill the problem i dont think it was a por water problem the perameters seem ok to me thay are

ammonia-0
nitrait-0
nitrite-15ppm
salinity-0.122
ph-8.2
temp-79-82 deg.

what might it be?:(

Not sure what it is but PBT are prone to disease.........one alarming question Trite 15??? or is that a typo and should read at 0 and Trate is 15?

yes that is a typo i put them backwards
and how long will thay need to stay in the qt and was it right to put all the fish in there

I would have put the PBT in the QT tank and treated it alone...... monitor the Display system for any other signs of illness in the fish. The danger now is the massive increase in the bioload on your QT tank stressing your fish possibly making matters worse.

ok i guess i can do that but would it be better to treat them all to stop the cycle of the main tank and should i wait to get the others out so it is not that much stress on them till tomorrow

If you were going to treat the fish and the system why not do it all together? Or treat the PBT on its own as to what the disease is I dont know I am sure there is an expert on here that will point that out. Do you have inverts/corals in your system is that why you removed them all?

If you are concerned about ich then you would have to treat all the fish in a quarantine and let the main display stay fallow. Depending on the amount of fish you can either have one large tank or several small. Standard quarantine period for saltwater is 30 days. Never treat the main display.

Try taking a picture with good resolution so a more accurate guesstimate can be made. Your decription could be any number of problems or none at all.

Last edited:
well all the spots are off my pbt and he is looking very happy but he will stay in the qt for 6 weeks so my 240 will be ready for him than

Just be assured that the ick is not gone. The parasite will fall off the fish and go to the bottom where over 200 tomites will come from each one. It will come back with a vengence.

Back
Top Bottom