sick sabae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pluk1992

Aquarium Advice Activist
what signs to look for for a sick sabae the other day his tentacles were thick and fat then i upgraded my light and now his tentacles r stringy wha could cause ths is it okay oh and the center is brownish tannish and the outer portion is still white

The brown colors could be it regaining it's zooxanthellae algae. Is it possible to post a picture? If you upgraded the lights, it could also be reacting to the change. Is it gaping?

sorry no pic not very computer friendly what is gaping i was thinking it could be the light any advice would be help full and welcomed i like this addition and would hate to lose it

Gaping would be the anemone holding it's mouth open for long periods. This can sometimes be a sign of a stressed animal, as well as drawing itself in for long periods. The change in light can cause it to withdrawl some. I would just give it some time and see what happens. How long have you had the anemone?

Back
Top Bottom