Sick Saddleback Clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreddyFish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi There!
I'm having a hard time to find out whats wrong with my 3o gal SW tank.
My yellow tang just died. He was laying on the sand and died within 10
minutes when i got home. Then my pair of saddleback clowns started to stay very close to the sand sometimes resting and breathing heavyly.
I have them in a QT now and treating them with KENT RX-P. I'm pretty sure they have ICH.
What bothers me most is that every test i do it comes back almost perfect. I suspect that there must be something in the tank wich i have
overlooked some how. The most puzzling to me is that i had six little
hermits show up dead within 2-3 days.
Here's what i have in the tank: Xenias (they wont stop pumping and they are growing fast) one pink Anemone with very long tentacles( trpled in size within two weeks) Blue mushrooms and a tridacna maxima 2.5" and
some caulerpa.
Please help me to figure this one out!

Its sounds like some chemical may have gotten into the water. Has anyone done any cleaning or spraying of anything recently in the same room or nearby. If you don't use GAC 24/7 I'd put some in now and do a water change with RO. Did you use any new additives or switch brands of anything before this happend?

Thanks JackDP,
No chemicals nearby. Maybe my mistake was not to get the QT set up in time, i didn't had a skimmer for it so i started to be really confused and
stopped treating with RX-P after 3 days and put them back in the main tank.
I live on an island in the puget sound so i can't get my hands on supplies
quick enough sometimes.
But what is up with my dead hermits? Could the anemone have released some poison? Farfetched ? Propably. I don't want to sound like an idiot,
but some times when You're frustrated you try to figure it out and get really confused then.

Back
Top Bottom