Sick Sailfin Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Petalas82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I think that our Sailfin Tang has a disease Hold in the Head or Marine Head and Lateral Line Erosion. I have included a pic. Does anyone have any good suggestions on what to do. I have read it may be due to poor water quality although we check our levels (PH, Ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates and Calcium) on a regular basis and they are always fine. Any other levels we should be checking? We did have our Phosphate checked at the store and it was 0.16.

Sorry for the upside down pic not sure why this image hosting site does this.

Thanks much.

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

30djq1f.jpg

I think that our Sailfin Tang has a disease Hold in the Head or Marine Head and Lateral Line Erosion. I have included a pic. Does anyone have any good suggestions on what to do. I have read it may be due to poor water quality although we check our levels (PH, Ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates and Calcium) on a regular basis and they are always fine. Any other levels we should be checking? We did have our Phosphate checked at the store and it was 0.16.

Sorry for the upside down pic not sure why this image hosting site does this.

Thanks much.

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

What do you feed?

We feed Spirulina Brine Shrimp (once a day) and Pellets (once a day). We had started adding in Mega-Marine Algae as well every once in a while.

We feed Spirulina Brine Shrimp (once a day) and Pellets (once a day). We had started adding in Mega-Marine Algae as well every once in a while.

Tangs need to graze algae all day add some nori it may help

Back
Top Bottom