sick tang!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mmaglione

Aquarium Advice Regular
All my hippo tang has been stressed and has shown small dots of white all over his body the size of a grain of salt . I've been watching and havnt done anything because it seemed to go away. I just started seeing my skunk cleaner all over the tang(hippo). The spots and skin discoloration seemed to clear up nicely but I came home and tonight one if his eyes seems swollen and looks as if Its protruding from it's socket! Is this a n advanced sign of ich, what is it, anyone seen it? What should I do ?

i'm by no means an expert but it sounds alot like ich to me i'm sure more experienced members will chime in on this one

Swollen eye u can see why ring where eye is exposed partially other eye ia sunk in and looks more normal. None are cloudy though

Attachments

• image-1725173653.jpg
    image-1725173653.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 120
Sounds like popeye and ich. Only problem is ich usually doesn't just go away on its own. It falls off fish gets into substrate and comes back even stronger. Numerous ways to treat. Depending on if you have a qt

If it is popeye. I would do a partial water change and treat tank or qt with maracyn 2 for saltwater. I think they make a fresh water version as well. Don't let it go to long like that

Back
Top Bottom