Sick tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bovy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can anyone tell me what is on the tang's nose. It showed up two days ago. All reading are where they should be and he is acting normal.

Attachments

• image-3089227828.jpg
    image-3089227828.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Could he have an abrasion from eating algae off rocks? I can't see the pociture very clearly....

Your tang appears to be showing sure signs of HLLE..notice around his eyes too,,his color is fading ..What are you feeding him??

I'm feeding him brine shrimp with spirulina, krill, mysis shrimp and I put in Roman lettuce one a week. do you think he needs more vegetable ?

I'm feeding him brine shrimp with spirulina, krill, mysis shrimp and I put in Roman lettuce one a week. do you think he needs more vegetable ?
Yes ,definitely ...Stop feeding him brine and mysis,but continue the krill,,maybe 1x a week
Tangs are mainly herbivores ...they do eat and need some meaty foods,but your giving it too much...stop the romain too....I would start on nori(or green/brown algae sheets),peas,spinach,broccoli and carrots ASAP

Definitely agree with the nori for Tangs. High quality flakes and a little less meat for him will hopefully encourage a speedy recovery!

Thanks everyone for your help. I got some dried seaweed he is eating it like crazy and I will put a new piece in every day. I'll also feed him more flake food too. I have a few other types of fish so I still need to feed some meat ( my mandarin eats frozen brine ), I'll let you know how it goes.

Attachments

• image-1207661336.jpg
    image-1207661336.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 90
Your best bet for your tang getting better and then staying healthy is that dried seaweed. I would try to make sure you feed him small sheets at least every other day.

Thanks for the help. The seaweed seems to be doing the trick. His white nose is going back to normal and his color is all back. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom