Sick Tang?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nuffsaid420

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've noticed in the past day or so my tang is showing some wierd signs. It's got some redish color on it's back down to its belly. And there is a white stripe across the side of him.

29GAL
Just cleaned filter, tank, ect.
Salinity is fine.

Is the fish sick?

The white stripe is normal, although not usually that visible unless stressed, the redness looks to be a bacterial infection. I would remove the fish to quarantine and treat with a broad spectrum antibiotic.

Mine had the same problem a few days ago. I started treating her food with Zoe and making sure she had enough to eat every day, and it has now gone away. I think it was just malnutrition.

Might wanna try this one first before quarantiening her . . .

HTH,
Todd

If you decide not to QT the tang, be sure you do a few large water changes with well aged SW. Make sure you check the alk, ph, salinity and temp of the new water to ensure they match as well. As Todd says diet does play a role but often the water changes will help immensely.

If that does not yield results, then I would not hesitate to QT and treat.

Cheers
Steve

My yellow tank has a visible white stripe every morning. Is that just the typical night colorchange that some fish have?

Jim

Back
Top Bottom