sick tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phish7740

Aquarium Advice Activist
so this is a pic of my purple tang

about a week and a half ago igot a powder blue, he came down with ick and i started using vitimins and garlic, i have a cleaner shrimp and UV and other fish had gotten a few spots and then were ok one they got adjusted to their new environment. so i thought the same would happen with the powder blue.

it started getting worse so i tried som ick attack since it is reef safe.

well last night i put the powder blue in a hospital tank to do hypo since he wasnt getting any better even after he was less stressed...well he was loosing scales, his color was fading, cloudy eyes, and i saw redish color in his tail fin.

well today i also lost a green chromie, flame angel, purple psuedochromis, and white gobie. all had fin damage, white spots and color loss.

now my purple has the same things happening
my clown seems fine.

is this just a bad case of ick or is it something else

please advise, thanks.

purpletangsick.jpg

yea thanks...didnt help much...it looks different than ick

my clown has never gotten ick and is doing fine/looks clean right now.

the reason for this post is that i dont think its ick because it has effected 6 fish and i have had new fish get ick for the first few day and then they are fine.

and this time there was significant fin loss esp on my flame angel and green manderin.

???
help i dont want to loose my purple tang. whom is not eating and not swimming normally.

If you are thinking that it is fin/tail rot then you`ll need to QT and treat with something for bacterial problem. Triple sulfa is just one that can be used. Melafix is another. Just so you`ll know if you do have ick it wont always show on all the fish at the same time. Just those that have a weakened immune system. I hope all goes well.

thats why i was trying to ask if it was something other than ick....because i lost 6 fish in a matter of 2-3 days. and only one was showing any signs of ich. the others had some type of fin rot, major discoloring, and white chunks on the fins.

my purple tang now has "IT" but my clown seems fine, hanging out in his anemoe

it looks like Ich, lymphosis, and HLLE all at the same time.

can you tell me the name of the illness (bacteria or whatever) from the picture so i can read about it online and get the correct treatment for my purple if he survives that long.

and do i have to do anything to the display if its fin rot or bacteria.

Back
Top Bottom