Sick Tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acid_burn

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have a naso and a yellow tang in QT right now treating with cuprimine. My question is my yellows spots seem to be black now but still like ich and has white spots on its eyes. The naso's eyes are completely covered with a white hazy lens and he wont eat prolly cause he cant see the food. The yellow tang still eats like a horse though :?

Are these other simptoms ich related and will they disapear with the cuprimine?

Thanks,
Rich

What size qt?
Any other fish in qt?
Did you empty the maintank of all other fish?

Sorry for all the questions. :)

Its a 65gal, just the two of them in there. They were the only 2 fish in the tank, its a 75gal. with LR and CC bed. Yeah the tank will stay fallow for another 5-6 weeks.

Rich

The copper takes a few day, you should see a difference soon. Are you using seachems multitest to check levels?
Are they ich spots on the eyes, or are they cloudy?

quarryshark, yes I do use seachems test kit...the nasos eyes were cloudy unfortunately he died today while I was at work :(

The yellow tang is still dealing with ok, he swims around and eats so I think he'll pull through.

Thanks,
Rich

Sorry for your loss. :cry: The cloudy eyes as you already know are a bad sign.
I lost 3 to velvet before the cupramine cured the rest.
Stick with the treatment, it does work and should help your yellow.
Good luck!!

No, not saying that. The treatment is the same for ich and velvet, thats all.
The cloudy eyes are a sign if an extemely infected fish, or a sign of a secondary bacteria infection. I was going to suggest maybe adding an antibiotic to your treatment if this was the case.

Back
Top Bottom