Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-21-2004, 07:29 PM   #11
steve-s

Keep us updated, I hope all goes well. You can help things along by soaking the foods in a small amount of the med after it's been predissolved in a glass of tank water. A few teaspoons should do nicely.

Cheers
Steve
Old 07-21-2004, 07:39 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've been soaking the food in Garlic guard. is that not ok, along with the treatment?

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 07:45 PM   #13
steve-s

The garlic can help with internal parasites (although not a assured cure) so I wouldn't stop. There shouldn't be an issue with mixing them. If you want to play absolutely safe, soak them on alternate days.

Cheers
Steve
Old 07-24-2004, 04:26 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Weel the tomato is doing ok I guess, still looks like somebody squeezed him hard enough to pop out his eyes but Maybe in a few days he will get to looking better. He is a minor problem right now. Stupid lfs sold me a flame angel, he had it for 2 to 3 weeks, no signs of anything. 1 week after introducing him into my tank (in all the changing around I failed to QT), he started showing signs of ick. Went to the lfs and the tank he had all the fish in is empty, he only has 1 purple tang left and it's in bad shape with ick. Well to make a long story short (too late), I have lost my regal tang $45.00, and I still have 1 fish in the display I can't seem to catch. A strawberry gramma that is a pain, every time he even sees a net he is gone. I can't even start my fallow period until I get him out. Any suggestions?

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 07-24-2004, 05:04 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Move some of the rock and water to a garbage can, change the advantage to you. I know it a pain, but it helps.
Good luck, sorry for the bad run.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:19 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yea I know, I got a piece of plexiglass and divided the tank, put all the rock on 1 side and he kept finding the only hole in the stupid seam between the 2.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 07-27-2004, 12:13 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well it's been 6 days and 1 eye looks ok but the other one is still bulging out, can I continue treatment or is this a lost cause?

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 07-27-2004, 12:27 PM   #18
steve-s

The treatment should go for 7 full days. Also be sure you are using double the recommended dosgae every day, that is quite important.

I would also suggest a bit of epsom salts (magnesium sulfate). It actally helps quite bit with eye problems. Start with one tablespoon per 50 gal of tank volume. If a 10 gal QT don't use more than 1 level teaspoon predissolved. Guage the reaction and see if more might be required after a few days. Be careful how high the Mg gets though. Hyper levels of Mg are not typically harmful to fish (mostly mollusks) but I wouldn't push your luck

Cheers
Steve
Old 07-27-2004, 05:41 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

I actually have been using double the required dosage. 10 gal tank and the directions call for 1 tab for 20 gal. It's been getting 1 per 10 gal. Don't know if I have any epson salts or not. Thanks for the help.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 07-27-2004, 07:42 PM   #20
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmy2cents
Don't know if I have any epson salts or not. Thanks for the help.
Just go to the local pharmacy. It costs about $1.00 for a pound and even if used as an Mg supp for the main tank, will last about a year

Cheers
Steve

Tags
clown, ick, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com