Sick tree?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starchar

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I did my weekly water change and tank cleaning yesterday and my coral (as it usually does) closed up due to the lights being off and such while I was cleaning the glass, rearranging the sands dunes (thanks Mr. Goby), and doing my routine pwc.

My Pink Kenya Tree did not perk back up afterwards and I noticed when I got home today it still hadn't. This is not normal behavior for my tree and I haven't noticed any other issues with it. Should I be concerned?

Water Parameters:

pH:8.2
Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 0
kH: 9
Temp: 76 (wish I could go to 74)
SG: 1.024

Tankmates:

1 Goby
1 Cleaner Shrimp
2 H. Kuda Seahorses (Charlie and Mr. Ed)
1 Feather Duster
cuc

Pink Kenya Tree
Pink Pulsing Xenia
Button Polyps
Green Zoas
Blue Ricordia
Orange and Blue Ricordia

It may just be sloughing. Leathers go through periodic cycles of this when they are in the middle of a growth cycle. Give it a few more days and see how it does.

You might end up having a bunch of little trees too. Mine did the same thing for a coupe of days, then started dropping branches left and right. So far I have 8 new "trees" over a weeks time, and I noticed two more branches that are going to drop today or tomorrow.

I 2nd that. after I did my tank move all the other coral and fish were fine. I even had other Kenya Trees in the tank that were fine. It must have been almost a week before it really perked up, and I dropped a lot of tiny trees. well some of them not so tiny. It looks as full as ever though. I guess I shold put them on some smaller rocks and try to get them ready to sell.

Back
Top Bottom