Sick Tree Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mjvincent

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a tree coral last friday. I had to move it a couple times in my tank (snails kept on moving it) and finally decided to plant it in the sand base near a light source. I noticed since day two that the main trunk and limbs will retract and then later open up again at various intervals regardless of external stimuli from snails or red legged hermits. My water chem has been fine. Ammonia and Nitrites 0, PH 8.2, Nitrates 0-10 sg 1.025. Coral is situated where it will get a moderate amount of water flow too...

May not be sick. Just still getting used to the new tank - and being moved since there.

Any other coral in the tank? Phosphates checked recently?

Also it may not like the level of flow where it is situated. May want to try moving it to a new location. Another thing to consider is lighting. What kind of lights was it under at the lfs compared to the lighting you have. May just need some time. :wink:

Just an update... I did find out I had a bit of problem with salinity and that was adjusted over a two day period... The tree coral looks good now, and it still goes into a shriveled state, but less and less now... Do these reproduce or get bigger?

Back
Top Bottom