Sick turbo snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arnoldndana

Aquarium Advice Freak
When the snail starts to hang on the glass with some of its footing falling off does that mean it's sick or is it just sleeping?1491874211305.jpg

turbos don't last very long they just don't seem to do well in captivity, I prefer nerites as they tend to thrive ,they do almost the same job as a turbo just a hardier snail

Diffrent species, or at least I hope. If not, I've got some freshwater snails that have been living in saltwater way to long [emoji12]

Yeah I was looking them up and there are different nerite that live in different water, they just don't have them here.

nerites yes there is a fresh water species
theres also a salt water species
looking again of the snail pictured could be a virgin nerite also sold as turbo's

actually the foot on that snail is torn from being pulled away from a object it was attached,
over time I think it will grow back just fine , otherwise looks healthy to me must be happy he's climbing the glass. I'm thinking it may have happen when he was pulled off either a rock or even the glass with force when you bought them .

Back
Top Bottom