Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #11
Thanx but no.....

and tap conditioner is fine for SW, btw

Old 07-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Oh, yeah. I forgot to recommend returning the anenome too. I'ts still alive??

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Newbie

yeah the anemone is doing great he is twice the size of when i first got him, and eats well, and the pencil still seems to be doing good and what type of water should i top off with??? what is do/di or something like that and all the fish if i take them back they wont give me my money back i also have an empty cycled fluval edge what from my tank can go in it my eel is a baby he is like 6inches not even. but yeah ima test it again rite after this post to see if anything changed and i think the ich treatment is probably gone cuz i left the carbon and a uv sterilizer on but all the fish are good i will post the new test results in a minute thanks for the help guys
Old 07-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Look up ro/di water. Top off with that or fresh water, not salt water.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:39 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Conditioner is fine for SW, But whats the point? Its not going to take out everything else that a RO/DI unit does. its just a waste of money imo for SW.

Anyway, Dude.. Your tank.

You've got it all wrong, Sorry to be so harsh. But think of the fish. For one, The yellow will start having ich break outs.. No matter how you treat it.. it'll just come back, If it doesnt die.
For two, That eel, Regardless of size is way to big for that tank.
For three, Your tank has no where near enough bacteria to support all them fish.
For four, I doubt your nitrate is 10ppm very highly.

Ohh, I feel so sorry for your fish. How would you like to be stuffed in your bedroom and have to live in it with a few other people? Thats what its like for the fish.

Take the fish back, Even if you dont get anything for them. Thats just horrible.
Sorry for being harsh once again.. But wow. Learn from this and start a bigger tank if you want big things.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:25 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Newbie

idk from what i've seen they all look healthy now and idk understand how its cramped like they all have room to swim around, and from my last check everything is seeming to slowly be going back to normal, the tang has been perfect for the past couple of days ich free and his respriation is back to normal, and my pencil urchin seems fine i meen he has been in the tank the longest out of any of my fish decides the two turbo snail and the anenome that was attached to one, so idk tmrw im thinking about going to my lfs and putting a deposit down on a 175 gallon tank, so i shud take it home in two weeks
Old 07-16-2010, 03:37 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

They're not healthy. Simple.

The fish's insides will outgrow its outer body. Your stunting there growth.
Even if you dont get a 175g, You need skimmer, Lights, Live Rock.. All sorts of things that will cost you a fortune and i doubt highly you'll have it running in the next month, if you even do get it in 2 weeks.

Just do the fish/eel a favor and take them back.

Study the fish more.. Read this..

Yellow Tang.
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Yellow Tang - Hawaii

Long Nose.
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Yellow Longnose Butterflyfish

Niger Trigger.
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Niger Triggerfish

Snowflake.
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Snowflake Eel

As said above. Take everything back besides the Blenny and the wrasse. Even that wrasse wont survive long as they feed on parasites that are a requirement in there diet.

Also, What lighting do you have? Unless is MH or T5HO (Set Up Right) then its not growing or healthly. Its slowly dieing.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:20 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Newbie

i like how u dont think i have money lol, my 30gal has an aquac remora protein skimmer a fluval 205 canister with turbo twist uv. metal hilide lighting, and an aqueon hang on filter, i have over 50lbs of live rock i used live sand for the substrate so yeah i have the money for anything
Old 07-17-2010, 12:22 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Newbie

and my wrasse eats anything and everything else the others eat
Old 07-17-2010, 12:35 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ok, Were trying to give options to let you keep the fish but your too ignorant to listen. Your fish will NOT survive in a 30G tank for more than a few more months. You need to research before starting an aquarium. Im not trying to be harsh, but honest. I was 15 when i started my tank, and i researched months before, and didn't have problems. You need to take it slow, bring all the livestock back and cycle the tank properly. You also need to get less and smaller fish. A 30G tank is good for starting, but for most of the fish you appear to want, you need much larger. For the fishes sake, return them.

On another note, Freezing is NOT a humane way to kill animals. Either hammer or CO2.

Tags
chi, ick, sick, urchin

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com