Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-17-2010, 12:37 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah, Ofcourse it does. But as i said. Parasites are a main part in there deit. Thats what they eat in the wild.

Uhh, Your so stuborn.

Good luck with your tank, Thats all i have to say.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:12 AM   #22
is back to save the day!

Hammer FTW.

Anyways, it's true what they're all saying. And this isn't about what you can and can't afford lol. Who cares. Just do what's right for the fish and inverts. And you know what.. maybe in the end a couple things will survive(if you're lucky) the long term exposure to deadly ammonia and nitrites, but only after almost everything else has died and the tank finally cycled after such a long time and being able to keep up with a small bioload. Assuming you don't run out and replace everything that died. Go ahead though.. want to prove us wrong? Do it.. but you'll be wrong in the end and short however much $$ you payed for your livestock. Not us. I personally don't care what you do, it just gets to me to see such ignorance. Completely ignoring what these experienced people are saying.

I'm with danny, good luck with your tank.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:50 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Newbie

idk my cousin has been doing saltwater tanks for 28 years and he started with a 30gal and he had no problems with his fish they all were healthy and he had more fish than me in the tank, so idk i figure 28 years of success is experianced enough he has had only 4 sets off fish in 28yrs i figure that would mean if he did it with more and corals too i could do it but i will keep it posted if anything happends thx for the advice its just idk i know some one who has done it with more than me
Old 07-17-2010, 04:18 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice FINatic

It doesnt really matter what others have done, or tell you about doing. What matters is the facts that are specific to YOUR tank. Some people may have done what you have done and been fine, but since YOUR tank is not fine, you need to adjust the course things are taking.

Most people here feel you are in trouble and headed for more. Since you are experiencing the same things they are describing, it is only logical to react in the way they suggest.

Death and high levels of nitrites are proof that things just didnt work out the way that you think they could have. Its really just that simple. The experiment is pretty much over, and we can all conclude that it is unlikely that such a bioload can survive in a 30g tank, right?

Youve got the cash, so return them and chalk it up to experience.

Matt
Old 07-17-2010, 08:20 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquin916 View Post
idk my cousin has been doing saltwater tanks for 28 years and he started with a 30gal and he had no problems with his fish they all were healthy and he had more fish than me in the tank, so idk i figure 28 years of success is experianced enough he has had only 4 sets off fish in 28yrs i figure that would mean if he did it with more and corals too i could do it but i will keep it posted if anything happends thx for the advice its just idk i know some one who has done it with more than me
Then his the stupidest reefer i've heard of. 28years experiance is a long time, And for him to keep them sorts of fish in a 30g plus more is the stupidest thing ive heard in a long time.
I highly doubt, Actually, I know a yellow tang of 4 sets wouldnt survive 7years in a 30g tank. It'll simple just outgrow itself.

Mate, Stop listening to others that clearly have no clue of how to run a marine tank and start your reasearching.

And take them bloody fish back.

Tags
chi, ick, sick, urchin

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com