Sick Yellow Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwan

Aquarium Advice Freak
My yellow tang has turned very thin and its fins and tails are very ragged. I also notice some red blood like patches on its body as shown in the photo below. Can anyone tell me what the problem is? All my other fish are fine.

Attachments

• yellow_136.jpg
    yellow_136.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 63
Water quality often plays a role in every malady; nevertheless, most often these red patches, red streaks, and/or lines result from bacterial infections. The animal must be treated in a qt where Minocycline (Maracyn2), sulfa-based products, Nitrofurazone, or Erythromycin can be administered. Weight loss is common so an antibacterial food can be fed, Gel-Tek offers this.

I agree with James as he needs to be QT and treated. I`m thinking water quality is a problem here also. Can you post you water parameter results here also. Have you tried to feed him some dried seaweed selects or nori.

Water quality is fine and has not changed for a while. I also do regular water changes. PH=8.3, KH=8, CA=380 N02=0, NO3=40 (a bit high, but has been like this for years). I also feed him with nori regularly.

Unfortunately when I got home tonight, my yellow tang has passed away. He was the first fish I bought for my marine tank and I had him for over 3 years :-(

Back
Top Bottom