sick yellowtail(ich?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homeplate

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my yellowtail damsel has developed this white crustlike growth on the edge of his right gill(see attachment). this is a new tank about 2 months old. I currently have 4 turbos, 3 scarlet crabs, 2 brittle starts, 2 yellowtail damsels(1 sick), and 1 fire goby. All fish are feeding fine and are not scratching against any surface however, I do notice that the bigger damsel shows aggression to the smaller damsel(the sick one). Also for the first 6 weeks my salinity was really high(1.028), I know, the reason I found this out was because about 2 weeks ago I bought a refractometer and found my junk(i could choose a more word) Deep 6 hydrometer was off(high) by .004. I have since bought down my salinity to about 1.023-.024. Any insight on white growth, would be appreciated.

Tank: 55 gal, 50# LR, 2 PH, Aquac Skimmer, 55# LS, Emporer 400(more for flow and surface agitation. 5% RO water change every 2 weeks.
Amm: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 0
PH: 8.2

Sorry for the long post wanted to give as many details as possible.
Picture: http://home.earthlink.net/~omarmoreno/111-1165_IMG.JPG

Back
Top Bottom