And the hits just keep on coming!
This morning I notice my 2 neon gobies (only) have what appear to be white specks all over them. Fins and Bodies.
They dont seem to be acting any different than usual.
All the rest of the tank is fine. This is just on the 2 gobies.
I have read the articles on the forum and have 2 major problems:
1. I have no QT. Cant even try to set one up, no room.
2. If I did, It would not matter. I can't catch the suckers. Everytime I try to get one, it darts into the LR
. I was going to try the FW
So I guess I have to try to treat the whole tank. Since I have inverts and corals, no medications.
I usually soak all the food in Garlic Extreme. The bottle says it can be added at 1 drop per 10 gal
to the tank to entice feeding. I also read that garlic MIGHT be a cure as well. So I put 2 drops in today, and plan to add 2 drops each day to see if that helps.
Any other sugesstions would be appreciated.
1. How long have you had the fish? 1-2 months
Do you know if it was wild caught, or tank raised? Dont Know
2. How long has the fish been in the tank? 1-2 months
What are the tank mates? See Profile
Any aggression? No
3. Is the fish eating? YES
If so what does it eat? Formula 1 & 2, Mysis Shrimp & FD Brine Shrimp soaked in Selcon-Zoe-Garlic Extreme
4. What are the water parameters?
Temp - 79.3
pH - 8.3
SG - 1.023
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - <10ppm
Alk - 8 dKH / 143.2 ppm
Ca - 440 ppm
Phos - 0
Cu - 0
What saltwater test kit are you using? API
5. Is the fish showing any physical signs of disease, grain of salt size spots, discoloration, ragged fins, misting or spots on the fins, cuts, cloudy eyes, etc? grain of salt size spots, ragged fins
6. Is the fish "flashing" (scratching or rubbing on rocks, decorations or substrate)? No
7. How is the fish acting? Is it swimming around, or just hovering in one spot or corner of the tank? Both..they usually swim around and then sit for a while in one spot
8. Did you use quarantine?No
If so for how long and did you have a need to treat for any ailments? No
Is it in qt now?No
Are you currently treating with any medication(s)?No
9. Describe in detail how the fish was acclimated. 1.5 hour drip
10. What size system? What type of filtration do you use? Do you have any live rock or sand? See Profile
11. Do you use any additives? Kent Marine Tech CB (A&B) once a month after a PWC, Zooplex, Chromaplex, Phytoplex and DT's once a week
Have you used any sort of meds in the main tank?No