Silly jawfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pipermurphy

Aquarium Advice Freak
A little while back I had a jawfish die, then the other just disappeared.
I wrote them off dying due to moving our tank and disturbing the DSB.
Tonight I was giving the tank a good once over and happened to look in the overflow in the back corner and there sitting on the bottom of it in some sand looking at me was the missing jawfish. Proceded to try and get her out & after an hour would up retreiving her and placed her back in tank.What a PITA.
Will see if stress to death in AM

good luck :D
I would look into closing up the holes in the top of the tank with egg crate.
Next time she may not be as lucky jumping and wind up carpet surfing.

I thought I lost one of mine when I did a water change. I didn't see him for close to five hours, and then he came out looking around. They have to my favorite fish that I've ever had.

When I first started I had a clown do a the same thing into my back filter. My kids were convinced it was Nemo. :lol:

Since then I used an old welding shield, cut it and placed it in front of the overflow slots. I gave it a gap between the two for waterflow down into the sump. This setup has also given a 2nd bonus of allowing the food to float around some more before settling down into the tank for the hermits, scooter and other 'walking' inhabitants. Now almost no food goes into the overflow into the sump/skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom